- This event has passed.
Campbell Hall – Student Voice Matters
As students lean into lessons from the Owning Up curriculum, young people will be seeking leadership roles in new and innovative ways. The driving question of this session is, how do adults interact with students to bring dignity into their understanding of leadership and empower them to be influential members of their communities? This workshop can be designed for educators who work with young people or can be done with young people themselves.
- Defining leadership outside of formal roles
- Showing the difference between being bossy and leadership
- Understanding how young people’s experience with people in authority influences their own leadership style
- Creating a feeling of belonging in the group so people feel their contribution is valued
- Managing conflicts as a leader
- Learning to advocate and work with the adults
*Host – Dystanie Douglas-Burger