- This event has passed.
Douglas County School District – Presentation & Workshops
February 18, 2022
The keynote presentation will build provide the foundation and strategies for educators to create a culture of dignity:
- Define the difference between dignity and respect and their impact on communicating with young people
- Establish foundational principles in alignment with community values
- Strengthen communication between adults and young people to avoid breakdowns and power struggle
The workshops will increase communication and explore feedback loops to enable school leaders to model a culture of dignity. Recognizing that students model adult behavior, we must learn to support the behaviors we expect of students. Building consistency and alignment around skill building for each other enables what they’re asking teaching students to do for one another.
– Knowing the important difference between respect and dignity
– Strategies to create a dignity-based classroom and culture
– Outline challenges educators have to teach these topics effectively