- This event has passed.
Forest Lake Camp Counselor Training Session – Creating a Culture of Dignity
June 19 - June 20
This project aims to convene counselor groups to develop skills necessary to be successful in the FLC context and support the development of a common language of dignity among campus leaders.
Carey Goldstein will lead the Creating a Culture of Dignity workshop –
Treating people with dignity matters. But creating a culture of dignity must go beyond slogans, posters, and programs that don’t have real-life applications or only exist briefly and then disappear. A principle-based approach is needed to give people structure and flexibility to turn common social challenges that often exacerbate our tensions into teachable moments where everyone’s dignity is affirmed. Moments that create a sense of belonging for everyone. With this as a foundation, adults and campers can learn skills to understand emotions, manage conflicts, create appropriate boundaries, and effectively advocate for themselves. This environment creates solid and supportive relationships where adults, children, and communities thrive.
- How to apply a principles-based approach
- Differentiating respect and dignity to transform relationships
- Using social and emotional learning to build group cohesion
- Identifying dynamics that lead to social conflict
- Repairing and strengthening relationships after conflict or making assumptions
- Demonstrating ethical authority