- This event has passed.
Glencoe District 35 – Creating a Culture of Dignity & Owning Up Curriculum Training
August 25, 2021 - August 27, 2021
Creating a culture of dignity in a school can’t be limited to slogans and philosophies that have limited real-life applications in school. Deliberately raising up and integrating young people’s voices and leadership in a school transforms young people’s capacity to have ownership and engagement in their school and education.
This workshop will:
- Define the difference between dignity and respect and their impact on communicating with young people
- Offer realistic definitions of bullying, by-standing, teasing, and social conflict
- Identify dynamics that lead to social conflict
- Outline common challenges to teach these topics effectively and obtain student buy-in
The Owning Up Curriculum teaches educators young people to understand their individual development in group behavior, the influence of social media, and the dynamics that lead to discrimination and bigotry.
This professional development training for educators will cover:
- A specific focus on implementation support and scheduling
- Defining realistic definitions of bullying, bystanding, teasing, and drama
- Teaching students to effectively intervene in social conflicts with their peers
- Recognizing the value of a growth mindset for educators as well as the students
- Outlining challenges educators have to teach these topics effectively