- This event has passed.
Gunnison County Juvenile Services – Parenting Series Webinar: Creating a Culture of Dignity
Treating people with dignity matters. But creating a culture of dignity must go beyond slogans, posters and programs that don’t have real-life applications or only exist briefly and then disappear. What is needed is a principle-based approach that gives people structure and flexibility to turn common social challenges that often exacerbate tensions between us into teachable moments where everyone’s dignity is affirmed. Moments that create a sense of belonging for everyone. With this as a foundation, adults and young people can learn skills to understand emotions, manage conflicts, create appropriate boundaries, and effectively advocate for themselves. This environment creates strong, supportive relationships where adults, children, and communities thrive.
- Define the difference between dignity and respect and their impact on communicating with young people
- Establish foundational principles in alignment with community and family values
- Provide a deeper understanding of the role and purpose of emotions
- Strengthen communication between adults and young people to avoid breakdowns and power struggles
- Share concrete skills to increase adults’ ability to support the emotional well-being of young people
*Host – Carey Goldstein