- This event has passed.
Navigating the Land of “Politically Correct”: Webinar with Rosalind Wiseman
March 31 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFREE
Whether it’s a planned discussion in a classroom or a spontaneous debate, we can find ourselves caught balancing people’s right to express opposing viewpoints in a culture that values who can belittle each other to “win” an argument. The process is difficult at best. Join Cultures of Dignity Co-Founder, bestselling author, and educator Rosalind Wiseman for an interactive webinar on how we can all move beyond the term “politically correct” to have more authentic, productive conversations that honor each other’s dignity and strengthen our relationships.
In this webinar, Rosalind will provide strategies to…
- Better understand how people’s right to express their opinions, regardless of their political views, can undermine others’ ability to feel included and “heard.”
- Provide strategies for responding when someone is mocking another’s point of view or experience.
- Repair relationships between people who feel alienated from each other.
- Facilitate political conversations between young people.
- Interrupt and address hate and bias in the classroom.
- Manage yourself in these situations.
When? Tuesday, March 31st at 1 pm EST
Where? A link will be provided on the day of the webinar to join the Zoom video! You will also receive the recording after via email.REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR!