Adams 12 Five Star Schools – Owning Up Program Foundations II
February 17, 2022
These two full-day trainings (divided into 4 half day sessions) on the Owning Up Curriculum, teaches educators of young people to understand their individual development in group behavior, the influence of social media, and the dynamics that lead to discrimination and bigotry.
Designed to transform the way we understand youth culture and create educational communities where children can thrive, these full-day professional development training is a new approach to work with students. This training will be customized to fit Adams 12 schools while making sure the fundamentals of the Owning Up Program are understood.
- Group dynamics
- Social media and technology
- Identity development
- Teasing, Drama, Bullying
- Managing social conflicts between students effectively
This professional development training for educators is about…
- Defining realistic definitions of bullying, bystanding, teasing, and drama.
- Analyzing individual behavior and decision-making related to group social dynamics.
- Identifying dynamics that lead to social conflict
- Teaching students to effectively intervene in social conflicts with their peers.
- Recognizing the value of a growth mindset for educators as well as the students
- Educators will work with to teach these topics effectively and obtain student buy-in