- This event has passed.
UBS – Raising Resilient Children with Rosalind Wiseman
This presentation is a call to action to help young people build resilience and help them thrive in challenging times. From young people’s friendships, anxiety, social media use, conflicts with friends and family, and the constant pressure to “keep up,” Rosalind will share how to best connect with young people; especially when they need us most. As young people navigate a constantly changing educational environment, we know a few things are certain, supportive relationships and social skills are critical to their emotional well-being and building resilience. But these skills are not “soft skills;” they are essential for young people to engage in education, manage emotions, and become responsible and positive members of families and communites.
This presentation will:
- Share concrete skills to increase parents and other caring adults to support the emotional well-being of young people
- Provide a deeper understanding of the role and purpose of young people’s emotions
- Define resilience and the difference between dignity and respect and their impact on communicating with young people
- Establish foundational principles in alignment with family values
- Help guide children as they navigate their friendships online
- Strengthen communication between adults and young people