Glenbard Parent Series – How to Support Young People to have Healthy Supportive Relationships with their Peers
Is there anything more important and sometimes confusing to young people as they grow up than friendships, crushes, dating and anything in between? Young people need their friends; it’s essential to their mental and emotional health now and as they develop into adults. So how do adults support them through the inevitable ups and downs of their social lives? How do adults impart their wisdom in ways young people want to hear?
This presentation will provide:
- An overview of understanding young people’s emotions and their social dynamics
- Define loyalty in friendships and other relationships
- How to establish and maintain boundaries as an invaluable part of any healthy relationship.
- Strategies to avoid adult responses that commonly shut down communication between adults and young people about relationships
- Strategies to use to strengthen communication between adults and young people about relationships
Hosted by Rosalind Wiseman