Tri-Association and AMISA Present Creating a Culture of Dignity and Fostering Social Emotional Skills in Your School Community
June 28 - June 30
Cultures of Dignity is offering a multi-session professional development delivered online to a cohort of Tri and AMISA member schools. One of the most crucial skills we can model for the young people in our lives is emotional intelligence and management. However, many of us were not explicitly taught emotional regulation skills and often feel like we are at the mercy of the many emotions swirling throughout our homes.
Based on building social and emotional learning on a foundation of dignity, this professional development program will bring member schools together in strategic cohorts to develop effective SEL programs for their individual schools. We will learn from each other and with each other as we create systemic SEL programming that best fits your school.
Wherever your school is in the development of SEL into the school’s curriculum, this is an opportunity to learn from and with our colleagues. Each school must include key stakeholders who will then have the opportunity to work alongside their colleagues in other member schools to achieve the following:
- Integrate emotional regulation and social emotional skills within each school’s curriculum
- Build on best practices for faculty engagement around adolescent issues
- Create a culture of dignity between students and faculty
- Support parents to in turn support the social, emotional, and educational needs of students while giving parents much-needed guidance for their own well-being.
- Develop best practices for faculty/advisory delivery of SEL