- This event has passed.
Webinar – What are young people hiding from adults and how do we pull back the curtain?
March 29 @ 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm EDT
It’s one of the most common things parents say, “Come to me if you have any problems. Whatever it is, no matter how big or small, just tell me.” But the reality is young people often don’t tell their parents or other adults what’s really going on; especially when they believe those adults will be disappointed or angry with them.
For young people, it can seem easier to avoid the conversation entirely. And many have high expectations for themselves, trying to reach an allusive impossible to achieve perfectionism.
But it’s inevitable that young people will experience fear, failure, and disappointments and need guidance from an adult. Furthermore, they can struggle to communicate what kind of support they need. How do we reframe and transform these difficult moments into experiences where children can build resilience and thrive?
This webinar will cover:
- Why do young people hide important information from adults?
- How do they hide information from adults?
- How do adults help young people thrive when they experience failure and disappointment?
- How do adults respond when a young person consistently puts themselves down?
- How should parents respond when their children tell them bad news?
- What helps strengthen the parent/child or adult/child relationship so they are more likely to continue seeking guidance?
Time: 4 PM EST
Panelists: CoD advisors: Archi and other advisors