Owning Up teaches young people that their dignity and the dignity of others is the principle that guides our decisions and actions every day in our friendships, families, and schools.
Created in collaboration with young people and educators, Owning Up Upper Elementary Curriculum guides young people to understand:
- themselves in relation to group behavior
- the influence of social media on their identity and conflicts
- the dynamics that lead to discrimination and bigotry and how to address them effectively
- how to regulate their emotions and know when and how to ask for help from a trusted adult
- how to address the systems of power and oppression
This online curriculum includes:
Purchasing the Owning Up Upper Elementary Curriculum, gives you access to videos, sessions, handouts, and slide decks.
5 Professional Development Videos
These videos cover how to integrate the concept of dignity your classroom, how early adolescent development impacts social dynamics of your students, best practices, and guides you through how to teach SEAL and more!
Elementary students’ are old enough to be aware of and experience social dynamics, power, and the complexity of relationships. This age group is also experiencing puberty at younger ages which also impacts the social dynamics of the educational environment.
All of this means that elementary students need to learn social skills and emotional regulation to support their learning now.