What is Dignity? | A TINY GUIDE
Dignity is the inherent worth of every human. Everyone has the same amount. Here’s the difference between respect and dignity. This tiny guide will lay out how dignity shifts our perspective.
What is a Tiny Guide?
Tiny Guides are just that, tiny.
They are tools - downloadable pdfs - to comprehend complex topics to apply to your life.
You'll learn how to think about your emotions and better understand how they impact your relationships.
As a parent...
- Have your child read a guide (or a bunch) and ask them what they thought
- Have a better understanding of your emotions and how they might be impacting your interactions with your child
- Print them off and leave them around your house
As an educator...
- Have your class read a guide (or a bunch) and discuss
- Use them as the basis for online advisory and check ins
As a young person...
- Understand and normalize your emotions and the impact they have on you Understand what’s happening in your brain Get the words for how you are feeling so you don’t feel alone Read the guides to think about your emotions and better understand how they impact you and you and your relationships with others.
Tiny Guides are helpful in times of uncertainty
Right now, many of us are experiencing a dramatic increase in anxiety, sorrow, fear, and distress. Increasing your emotional literacy will help you feel more in control and better equipped to manage the complicated emotions that are arising in this challenging time. In the words of Marc Brackett, director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, “While the world is turned on its head, we have the opportunity to leverage the power of emotional intelligence to keep our feet on the ground and our minds directed toward building the future that we want for our students and ourselves. We can’t control what has happened, but we can control how we respond to what is happening.”